Academic Standing

Academic performance is represented by academic standing at the end of every fall, spring, and summer term. University policies on undergraduate student academic standing can be found on the Office of the University Registrar’s Academic Standing page or in the Undergraduate Catalog.

You can view your academic standing in myZou. There are additional resources available in Mizzou One to help you improve your academic standing.

If your most recent term and UM cumulative grade point averages are 2.0 or higher, you are in academic good standing for the University. However, some majors and academic units may have higher academic standards to program admissions and continuation. If you do not meet the academic requirements established for a particular major, you may be ineligible to continue in that degree program. You may change to a different major for which you are academically qualified. You should consult the university catalog and advising office for more information about the requirements for specific degree program. If you are in academic good standing but are not admissible to a specific undergraduate program and unsure of which majors to pursue, you can contact the Discovery Center for guidance in exploring major options.

If you have not been enrolled at MU for one or more fall or spring semester you must apply for readmission as a returning student. The most recent academic standing will apply upon readmission. If you were previously on academic dismissal, you are required to sit out for one year before you may be readmitted on academic warning.

Fall 2023 Dismissal Appeals

College of Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources (CAFNR)

Appeal instructions for CAFNR can be found here.

College of Arts & Science (A&S)

Appeal instructions for A&S can be found here.

College of Education & Human Development (CEHD)

Email or schedule an appointment with a CEHD advisor via MU Connect to discuss your appeal options.

College of Engineering

Appeal instructions for Engineering can be found here.

College of Health Sciences (CHS)

Appeals can be emailed to For current CHS students, your appeal should follow the requirements outlined and requested in your Mizzou email.

College of Veterinary Medicine

Email, call 573-882-6550, or schedule an appointment with a microbiology advisor via MU Connect to discuss your appeal options.

Discovery Center

Appeal instructions for the Discovery Center can be found here.

School of Journalism

Email or call 573-882-1045 to discuss your appeal options.

Sinclair School of Nursing

Appeal instructions for Nursing can be found here.

Transfer Center

Appeal instructions for Tiger Pathways & MizzouMACC can be found here.

Trulaske College of Business

Appeal instructions for Business can be found here.

Non-Divisional/Non-Degree-Seeking (NDIVU)

Appeal requests for non-divisional and non-degree-seeking students can be found here.