Repeating Courses

Effective with courses taken for the first time fall 2000 and thereafter, students may ask that up to a maximum of 15 hours of grades be removed from the calculation of their cumulative GPA.

Only grades of “C-” or lower can be removed from GPA calculation in this way.

To apply the policy, students must enroll in the identical course a second time and then complete the appropriate paperwork to request that the second grade replace the first grade in the cumulative GPA.

Credit for completion of a class, of course, may only be earned once. This paperwork is then filed with the University Registrar.

The original grade remains on the transcript, is averaged into that semester’s term GPA, but removed from the cumulative GPA.

Additional information and the Request for GPA Adjustment Form can be found on the Registrar’s Website.